Comment guidelines for the debatorial
The debatorial is a discussion platform and therefore includes both a comment and live chat function. We consider it important that all discussion participants can express themselves freely and nobody is excluded.
Therefore, we must insist that contributions remain constructive and factual even if there are differences in opinion.
Guidelines for comments:
- Refer to the topic of the post.
- Discuss objectively. Unsubstantiated and/or insulting comments will be removed.
- Justify your opinion - especially if you want to (constructively) contradict a post.
- Follow the rules of politeness, as in face-to-face conversations.
- Refrain from provoking others personally.
- Respect the personal rights of your fellow participants. Do not publish personal data, such as addresses or phone numbers. These will be removed.
We are generally very interested in an enriching exchange and constructive feedback. Nevertheless, we must insist on the following discussion rules and reserve the right to delete individual contributions in case of violations. When evaluating and classifying user comments, we will observe the principle of proportionality. There is no claim to publication of all contributions. We do not censor, but invoke the domiciliary right on our platform to ensure a constructive exchange and the participation of everyone.
These are our rules:
- Any form of discrimination or defamation based on origin, religion, nationality, physical condition, sexual identity, gender, income level or age will not be accepted.
- Insulting, seditionary, defamatory, pornographic, inflammatory, youth-endangering or criminal statements will be held back, hidden or deleted.
- If a criminal offence is committed, we will request immediate cessation. We reserve the right to file a complaint.